THE HANDOUT 3
- Credits : 3 SKS
- Meeting : 3 (Third)
- Topic : Parts of a Letter
- Target : The students know and understand parts of letters
- References : Suryanto dan Hetty Rachdiana S. English Business Correspondence. 3rd edition. Bandung; Humaniora. 2009, p. 3
- Contents :
In general, parts of letters are arranged in the following order:
|Heading / letterhead||Dateline|
|Reference line/ ref. numbers||Salutation|
|Inside address||Body of the letter|
|Attention line||Complementary close|
|Subject line/ re-line||Enclosure (if any)|
|Body of the letter|
- Exercises : Group work
- Tasks :
- Do you think that the parts of letters are important? Why?
- If one part is missing, what will happen to the letter?
- What will you do if you get a letter which is not detail?
- What will you do when you have sent your letter but you did not realize that your letter has many mistakes?